Mfuwe Lodge reopened on May 1st after its extensive four month upgrade & refurbishment.
We are very proud of the stunning results - as one of our first guests, who was here 2 years ago, put it "you used to be four & a half star... now you are definitely five star"!
Whilst the essential structure and design of the lodge remains the same considerable changes have been made to décor, furnishings, lighting etc. to give the lodge a whole new look:
- The main building has been completely re-thatched.
- There is a new curio shop by the main entrance and new, better equipped guest toilet facilities (including disabled facilities)
- Car parks and walkways have all been resurfaced.
- Reception, bar and dining areas have been remodeled with new furnishings, lighting etc.
- The main deck area has been re-laid and an outdoor lounge and dining area has been incorporated.
- A new pizza oven/braii area has been created.
- The infinity swimming pool has been re-lined and given a new look.
- The old “library” has been refurnished and redesigned to create a comfortable lounge and reading area.
- Guest rooms and verandahs have been completely refurnished and now have new bathrooms, doors, windows, lighting, softs furnishings etc. and a new colour scheme.
- Solar “farms” have been erected to provide hot water in a more environmentally friendly way.
Behind the scenes
- A new “state of the art” kitchen has been installed.
- The dining areas now have new crockery, cutlery etc.
- A new laundry has been built and equipped.
- New workshops, storerooms, staff housing, generator house, dining facilities etc. have also been constructed.
- A new “boma” area is to be built.
Otherwise we think the photos speak for themselves...